Small business marketing company Melbourne on taking over your competition through better content
Our small business marketing consultants in Melbourne know that quality content with exciting, flashy headlines are great for generating social, email and referral traffic, however when it comes to long-term search traffic, it takes more than clever to climb up the in ranking latter.
So is there any point creating a new piece if it’s not going to outrank what’s already out there, right? Well that’s why your content needs to be better, better than anything on Google’s first page and better than what's currently being shared on social media.
Some tips that our small business marketing team have to help you create better content include:
1. Making the URL shorter: URLs ranking #1 have on average 50 characters or less
2. Adding Content Types Your Competitor Hasn’t: Include graphics, animations, interactive elements, video, etc. Interactive content converts 2x better than static.
3. Make it Simpler to Read: The average Flesch Readability Score of content ranking #1 was 76.6 (easily understood by 13-15-year-olds).
4. Make it Better Structured: People want content that is easy to digest and understand. 78% of the time, #1 ranking content had bulleted lists.
5. Make it More Visual: The average #1 article has 9 images.
6. Source Professional Photos: High-quality images get 1215 more shares.
7. Include an Image Every 75-100 Words: These articles get the most shares.
Our design team hope that these content tips get you inspired to create better content and if you need help with your marketing strategy, our small business graphic designers in Melbourne are here to help.